We are happy to announce that our workshop on "Hybrid User Interfaces" will take place on the 20th of October, 2023 during ISMAR'23 in Sydney, Australia! The workshop is a full-day hybrid event, featuring a keynote by Steven Feiner. With 16 accepted submissions, we look forward to fruitful discussions about challenges, opportunities, and application areas about hybrid user interfaces!
See our workshop website for more information: https://hybrid-ui-workshop.io
About the workshop:
Hybrid user interfaces combine the visual and interaction spaces of complementary device technologies (such as augmented reality headsets and handheld devices) to take advantage of the strong points of each. The simultaneous use of multiple interactive devices with input and output capabilities offers a large design space for novel interaction techniques that can be applied to a wide range of application scenarios. Given the challenges presented by augmented and virtual reality head-worn displays, there has been an increasing research interest in hybrid user interfaces that combine augmented reality headsets with traditional devices such as smartphones, tablets, and desktop computers. However, prior research shows a fragmented landscape with inconsistencies in terminology, models, and technologies within this space and overlapping research streams such as cross-device interaction and distributed user interfaces.
- Sebastian Hubenschmid, University of Konstanz
- Johannes Zagermann, University of Konstanz
- Raimund Dachselt, Technische Universität Dresden
- Niklas Elmqvist, Aarhus University
- Steven Feiner, Columbia University
- Tiare Feuchtner, University of Konstanz
- Benjamin Lee, University of Stuttgart
- Harald Reiterer, University of Konstanz
- Dieter Schmalstieg, Graz University of Technology